Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Let's All Be Brave

If you read my Favorite Reads of 2014 post, you know that I have a love affair going on with the book Let's All Be Brave by Annie F. Downs. So much so, that I bought three of "my girls" a copy for Christmas. But I wanted to do something a little more, something extra special. So I created Brave Boxes for them (and one for myself because it was too cute).

First, I found these awesome boxes one sale at Michaels, along with some milk bottles and glitter spray paint (did you know they make glitter spray paint?!)


So I used the glitter spray paint to paint the bottles and caps. But I didn't like the look of the gold on gold, so I covered the caps with a light layer of black paint. When it dried, the glitter kind of came through, making them PERFECT! Some glittery stickers and a few coats of sealant later, and the most difficult part was done. The bottles were finished!


So flittery :)

Before I put the boxes all together, I cut some strips of colorful paper (100+ strips per box - plenty to last the year), and wrote out the directions on some library cards I had hanging around. Finally, I underlined some of my most favorite passages in the book and brought it all together.


Here's an up-close of the direction cards:


One of my words for 2015 is Brave, so I'm using this, too, as I hope my girls are! 


How have you been brave this week?
Have you read Let's All Be Brave? How did you like it?
Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...