Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Twilight and Procrastination

I shouldn't be writing this. No, like I really shouldn't. I should be writing my paper before class tonight. But you know when you're just not in the mood to write a paper, so you're procrastinating by watching YouTube, and researching the upcoming book of an Instagrammer you follow, and wondering when those books you ordered last week will get here so you can film your October haul, and then you just decide to blow it all off and write a blog post? Yeah, that's how I'm feeling.

So, I'm not sure where this post is going right now. I have some photos to share with you from my trip to Chicago last month, but that would require standing up to get my external hard drive where they're currently stored. Same with my attendance at the Night Vale book signing. Oooh so let's talk Twilight!

It's been a while since Twilight has been mentioned on this blog, since all the books and movies have been out for years. That is, until earlier this month. Because Stephenie Meyer somehow hid from the entire world that she had written a new Twilight book.

I'm still not over this. How did no one spill??

On the morning of October 6th 2015 (aka the greatest day for book releases and book news in the history of ever), the tenth anniversary special edition of Twilight was released, and with it a new story. Well, the exact same story but with reversed genders. The book world went nuts. I was in bed when I saw it online and, after checking multiple sources to make sure it wasn't a joke and the B&N website to make sure they had it in stock, I immediately restructured my day to go buy it. I may have blown off a few minor responsibilities that morning. But the day ended with I my hands on the new Twilight book and this video, that I think gives you a small glimpse at how excited I was:


To say I was excited was an understatement. I didn't realize my love for Twilight still ran so deep until it was announced that there was a new book. I had to have it right then, and once it was finally mine, I did little else but read that book until it was finished. And I loved it. It's like a fan fiction, but better than fan fiction because the original author wrote it and approves of this imagining! I did a full review in this video:


But suffice it to say, that while this is not Midnight Sun (maybe for the 11th anniversary edition? Whaddya say, Stephenie?), it was still a very pleasant surprise. Is it a completely new book? Definitely not. But is it a fun twist on an old favorite? Absolutely. Go in expecting that and I think you'll enjoy it too.

Also, I just have to say, in my opinion....Beau > Bella. Sorry not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...